Another Small Step for Womankind: One Large Step for Online Casinos
It is no secret that despite the legality of online playing in the united states, it is just about the fastest growing industry on the internet. The desire to guess online has even exceeded the virtual power of online pornography. Online playing is a $12 thousand a year industry, with about half of these amount raisala generated within the united states, and some analysis believe this figure will double by the year 2010. As to the secret does the owe this awesome success? It’s fairly simple from a psychological point of view; individuals take pleasure in the thrill of spending a little to win a lot. Akin to the lottery it is the purchase of hope, as with the hope of easily taking a few dollars and turning them into a massive sum of money.
Surprisingly Internet playing marketing campaigns have been almost exclusively geared toward men; that is until now. The majority of advertisements and banners feature scantly dressed beautiful women or round tables full of cigar smoking male poker players. The objective audience for online playing is readily accepted by the industry as the 30-40 year old, college educated male. Even Playboy has its online casino, which by definition alone is definitely targeted directly and absolutely to the male audience. Why is online playing almost exclusively targeted toward a male audience? In two scientific studies one conducted by Peter D. Hart Research Associates, Inc. (2006) and one conducted by Luntz, Manlansky Strategic Research (2006) published by the American Gaming Association the percentage of male and female brick-and mortar bettors was nearly equal with men getting back together 53% of the population and the other 47% consisting of women. However, men out numbered women almost three-to-one in the virtual playing world where men made up 68% of the populations studied leaving women to make in the remaining 32%.
This leads one to ask, where is the detach between the two mediums of playing? Will it be short-sighted, over targeted advertising toward the male audience? Or, will it be that these figures are skewed by including on line poker, which is traditionally a male hobby? Needs to be answer is for this phenomenon, one online casino group has finally decided to think beyond the box and reach out exclusively to the online female playing market.
Casino Partners has introduced the world’s first and only online casino created especially by women for girls appropriately named Cameo Casino. In a blog post in April 2006 Casino Partners stated that, “Women make up at least 50% of players in the online gaming market — a well known fact that wasn’t acknowledged in the gaming industry until now. Promotions and advertising have invariably been designed for the common “Joe” and have centered around male focused themes. inch Additionally, “Cameo Casino offers more than 80 Award Winning Games, Fast Download, Fast Winnings, Huge Jackpots, and Better than Sin city chances. inch
Cameo Casino boosts that, “women deserve a gaming environment of their own and Cameo Casino was made with today’s woman in mind. It gives cutting-edge and user-friendly software, efficient pay-outs, and round-the-clock customer service, making Cameo Casino one of the premier gaming venues on the network. inch Casino Partners is well-known for its top notch Online Casinos such as Casino Tropez, Sin city Red, Casino Del Rio, and Titan Poker just to name a few.
Cameo Casino offers a refined elegance and five star service coupled with an extremely generous Compensation Points Program and extravagant welcome bonuses when compared to industry standards. As a women I found Cameo Casino to be a totally delightful and a unique gaming experience definitely created with the women gambler in mind. Although this is only one small step for the visibility of women in the online playing world, I hope that the success of Cameo Casino will wake up the preverbal marketing industry to the fact that there is a huge market for online women bettors. We get access. We play. And we deserve a bit more attention!