IT Consulting and Business Services — Top 4 Issues to consider Before Hiring a Technical Consultant
- Will A technical solution really help your bottom line? Technical consulting is more than just laptops and wireless internet. Consulting doesn’t just help you with basic IT solutions, it helps your company resolve business problems. Consultants can help reduces costs of your daily activity while simultaneously Dr Anthony Singh providing feedback for long-term outlooks. Consultants can help you reduce cost, cost to do business, inventory, by implementing technical solutions that will benefit businesses in order to use their business environment. Whether you’re a small or medium business, or an enterprise corporation, in this day in age, proper technological solutions are must for any growing company.
- Do you have the technical expertise? If you don’t have the technical expertise, its far better get it from a reliable source. If not with us, there are many companies that will give you a low cost evaluation. Just make sure the people who evaluate your business needs are actually experts. In other words, make them show you they may have at least 10 years of experience dealing with companies like yours and what benefits they can offer. Ask if they have any special certification. IT Consultants should earn your trust!
- Do you have the time or resources needed? IT solutions like anything, take time and planning. Consulting companies need to have the proper vendor connections, adequate on-staff technical experts, and a project manager specifically issued to you. Ask the consulting company about their authorized vendors programs. Make sure they are accommodating give you the best solutions for you, not to just sell which you product! Make sure that the consulting company has a team that that is working on your business solutions, not a one man show!
- Is it all worth it? This is not a trick question! A technical solution does not always yield an immediate benefit. A seasoned consultant will give you advice of technical holes in your business, how to address these holes, and how it will benefit your company. Depending on the business issue, technical solutions vary in cost and time. Try to give the consulting company a budget to work with. Just remember whether it’s too good to be true, it probably is!
There is no right answer to any of these questions, but some answers should purge red flags:
· Pay first, results later schemes!
· If a company gives you solutions before hearing your problems.
· If a company is not an official vendor for multiple hardware and software. EX: if an IT Company only is authorized to sell HP and Lenovo, but not Dell. What do you imagine they will try to sell you?
· If a consultant cannot give you a list of experiences or references.
You can learn about all the different areas of technical consulting an IT company can offer at [http://www.greenmarksolutions.com/index-3.html]
About the Author: Ernest Harlow has over 15 years of technical consulting experience, working with industry leaders such as Deloitte Consulting, Covering Oil, Blue Cross Blue Sheild, TCBY, and now consults small and medium businesses.